Thursday, May 24, 2012


Brady is 11 months old today! May 23rd! It is hard to believe that in one month he will be one year old! Every parent says, "Cherish each moment. Time goes by fast" and for me, the statement is true.

Some new things that have happened since his 10 month update.

Communication: he says the word fan more like "faaa." Every once in a while you can hear the soft letter n at the end of the "faaa" He loves looking at the ceiling fans in our house. Anytime he smiles and points to them, I tell him, "fan." However, he thinks everything on the ceiling is now a fan. His bedroom doesn't have a ceiling fan, but when I lay him down on his changing pad, in his room, he smiles and points to the ceiling light and says, "faaaa faaaan faaa." 
He knows how to say, mama, dada, daisy "Daiz"...If I say, "give ______ kisses" he sometimes says, "isss" and "faaa" for fan. 
Words he knows:kitty, water, daisy, kiss, nose (he just slaps me in the middle of my face, very hard I should add) Elmo (from Sesame Street), and take him. We discovered he figured out what "take him" meant, because he grabs onto me like a crazy bean, when I try to pass him off to Victor for bed time.

Mobility: Not much more exciting news here. He does the same old stuff. He stands and walks around furniture. He points to everything. He sometimes will stand (if I trick him into it) for 3 seconds or so... but then it is back to the floor. He ZOOMS when he crawls. I have to do a little jog to keep up with him, when he gets into full speed. He will hold my one hand and take a few steps. He is a pro at the walker. 

Food: I guess one new thing is that he is pretty much done with pureed baby food. He every once in a while will let me feed him. But he really likes to feed himself. He eats a small sample of whatever we eat, except the obvious (no chips, peanuts, shellfish, fish.) He will probably venture into eating regular fish sometimes in June. Lastly, I guess I should add that he is a very good with his water bottle (see one of the photos below with his water bottle.)

Firsts for this past month:
He has played with chalk in our backyard. He has gone swimming on the gulf side. He had his first babysitter! I asked the girl that watches Brady in the church nursery to watch him. She really likes Brady. I caught her giving him a smooch once, which helped reassure that she actually cared about him. For our first babysitter date, we went to dinner and a movie. We went to see the Avengers. On the way home, there were tornadoes being spotted all over P'cola! I was more than ready to be safe at home with Brady! 
We are planning on having her over to watch the Bradster on our anniversary weekend! :) While we go to our yearly anniversary dinner, at the Melting Pot! The Melting Pot is a yummy fondue place. Last year, I couldn't have any wine with my yummy cheese. So I am looking forward to some wine, and stuffing my face, while I am not 9 months pregnant! ;) 

It is hard to believe that he will be ONE next month. Father time, slow it down please, thanks :)




Look carefully at the photos of him with Austin (our cat.) Austin is playing with him. He is whacking Brady. Brady thought it was hilarious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment